Home
Tiree
Map
Collections
News
Weather
About
Others
Contact

Tiree Images > Other Collections > `Tyree 1750 onwards Historical Sites

Tiree Map

Island House - Click to enlarge!
Island House

Kirkapol Church - Click to enlarge!
Kirkapol Church, Gott Bay

  

Also check out
Ancient Historical Sites
& Geology
for more photographs

Signal Tower, Hynish - Click to enlarge!
Hynish

Skerryvore Lighthouse - Click to enlarge!
Skerryvore Lighthouse

Sandaig Museum, Tiree - Click to enlarge!
Sandaig Museum

Cornaigmore Mill - Click to enlarge!
Cornaigmore Mill

Dr Alexander Buchanan - Click to enlarge!
Dr Buchanan's Memorial, Baugh

Hough, Tiree - Click to enlarge!
MacCallum's Cairn

An Iodhlann - Click to enlarge!
Historical Centre, An Iodhlann, Scarinish

Island House, the Duke of Argyll's residence on Tiree, dates from around 1750. Off shore, to the south-west, majestic Skerryvore Lighthouse and the land base at Hynish were constructed between 1838 & 1844. Kirkapol Church was built in 1842 during the same period.

The delelict and roofless Mill at Cornaigmore was commissioned by the Duke of Argyll in 1772, and built shortly after, to offer milling services to the population on Tiree. Tiree's Historical Centre, An Iodhlann, was originally a ferry shelter.

Check out the brief History of Tiree page.

These images are strictly copyright. You must not use these anywhere without first seeking permission.

Tiree Images .com - Jim Murdoch © 2015